What are Natural Mixed Tocopherols?
Tocopherols are a family of vitamin E compounds naturally found in vegetable oils, nuts, fish and leafy green vegetables. The nutritional benefits of Vitamin E (d-alpha-tocopherol) and its importance as a daily part of the human diet have been well documented. The gamma- and delta-tocopherols present in a Natural Mixed Tocopherol product have great utility because of their ability in protecting the oils and fats in edible oilseeds from oxidation. Natural Mixed Tocopherols have great utility in preserving the taste and preventing the oxidation or rancidity of many foods that contain oils and fats.
Why use Natural Mixed Tocopherols?
Tocopherols provide the most concentrated form of the powerful Gamma-Tocopherol homologue for use as an antioxidant or direct nutritional supplement.
- 100% natural solution for protecting against oxidation in foods
- No regulatory usage limits, unlike synthetic antioxidants such as BHA, BHT and THBQ
- North American domestic raw material source and production
- GRAS – Natural mixed tocopherols have long been a part of the human diet
- Allowed as an ingredient up to 5% in or on processed products labeled as “organic” or “made with organic” under §205.605 of the USDA National Organic Program
Where are your Natural Mixed Tocopherols Produced?
Tocopherols produced by Organic Technologies are refined from edible vegetable oils, which are domestically sourced from North American oilseed crushing plants. We produce refined tocopherol products in the heart of the Midwest at our Food GMP, Kosher-certified production facility in Coshocton, OH.
What Natural Mixed Tocopherol Products do you offer?
We offer natural mixed tocopherol products that are predominately high in the gamma-tocopherol homologue. One of the highest naturally occurring homologues of the tocopherol compound, high levels of gamma tocopherol provide excellent protection against oxidation for foods, fats and oils. We offer two forms of Tocopherol products, liquid oil and dry powder:
- TC-45P – Powdered, High Gamma Mixed Tocopherols in powder form
- TC-50 – 50% Mixed Tocopherols Oil
- TC-70 – 70% Mixed Tocopherols Oil
- TC-90G – High Gamma Mixed Tocopherol in oil form